The United States Air Force is the aerial warfare service branch of the United States Armed Forces. It is one of the eight U.S. uniformed services. It has the mission to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, technology to warfighting and integrating operations.
These core competencies make USAF's six distinctive capabilities possible:
2. Global Attack: Because of technological advances, the Air Force can attack anywhere, anytime and do so quickly and with greater precision than ever before.
3. Rapid Global Mobility: Being able to respond quickly and decisively anywhere we're needed is key to maintaining rapid global mobility.
4. Precision Engagement: The essence lies in the ability to apply selective force against specific targets because the nature and variety of future contingencies demand both precise and reliable use of military power with minimal risk and collateral damage.
5. Information Superiority: The ability of joint force commanders to keep pace with information and incorporate it into a campaign plan is crucial.
6. Agile Combat Support: Deployment and sustainment are keys to successful operations and cannot be separated. Agile combat support applies to all forces, from those permanently based to contingency buildups to expeditionary